October 30, 2010
1. Stealing the blinds. The most elementary bluff in your arsenal is the blind steal. This form of bluff relies on your positional advantage and the willingness of your opponents to give up their blinds and antes. Tight players that are apt to only play good hands or better from their blinds are good spots to bluff preflop, stealing pots with garbage and position as your only allies. You’re more likely to find these sorts of players at lesser-known rooms such as True, Cake Poker and PKR Poker – search for some PKR Bonus Codes to make sure you get the best deal when signing up, and check out this site if you have any questions about the PKR bonus requirements you’ll have to meet in order to completely release the full bonus amount.
2. When your opponent relinquishes control. If your straightforward opponent has been betting into you throughout the hand; preflop, on the flop, and the turn, then suddenly checks the river, he is usually waving a white flag your way. This may be a spot to try a bluff on your opponent, especially if he bets the flop then checks the turn; this is usually an indication of a failed continuation bet, and is hi way of saying, “Alright, I believe you hit that flop, you can take it down now.” Anytime a straightforward player checks to you and gives up control of the pot, consider a bluff if you have a hand with no hope of improvement.
3. When you suspect your opponent is bullying. You may come across a player that decides to take it upon himself to make your life a living hell; finding every opportunity he can to bet, bet, bet into you at all times. Without making some sort of stand against the constant assault, you can expect to be whittled down to nothing before you find a hand to take up against him. This is where bluffing comes into play; it allows you take pots off of your bully when you suspect he’s simply leaning on you, while at the same time discouraging him from making future aggressive plays against you. The best way to handle the bluff is to make it in a relatively small pot; reraising an open, or check raising a possible continuation bet, and showing the bluff. Bullies don’t like to be shown they were out bullied, and the next time you check raise him; perhaps on the turn of a much bigger pot, he may decide to take a stand with a lower than average hand.
4. Against a perceptive opponent in a small pot when you know you’ll be called. I know, you’re thinking, “Wait, why would I purposely bluff a pot against a thinking player? I’m throwing money away here!” The trick is, making that weak bluff into a perceptive player allow you to manipulate how you play against him on future rivers, by reminding the opponent that you have the ability to make weakish bluffs. You can start designing your value bets to look like bluffs to the perceptive player, who will think, “I’ve seen him do this before, so it could very well be a bluff; I may have to call with my marginal holding.” Using this type of bluff on wild or straightforward players is generally a waste; they won’t remember the bluff any later than a few hands, and will simply play the hand like they did before, giving little credit to the bluff.
October 28, 2010
Millions and millions of people across the world are now taking to online poker games as their major source of entertainment. Even expert analysts agree that the number of people who have joined the online poker games has doubled over the past few years and the situation is likely to increase over time.
Have you started playing online poker? If so, you must be interested in learning about the ways in which you can hone your poker playing skills. Yes, it’s important to make sure you get the right internet poker bonus code, but the real work comes after you’ve signed up and deposited. One of the crucial aspects of playing poker games is to learn how betting is done properly. If you are a novice or you are playing poker for the very first time, you will have to master the game and the betting strategies at first.
Although online poker is not rocket science, it does involve many inventive strategies that you must learn in order to get hold of the game. Being confident, changing the betting techniques and studying the betting techniques will help you win the game, and will earn you more money than even the best poker bonuses can add to your bankroll.
Changing up the betting strategies is very important when you are playing online poker. When you are placing your bets during an online poker game, you must watch each bet carefully and make the necessary changes as and when required. In other words, you might want to bluff or stagger the total amount of money you will be placing on your table as the game moves forward.
Successful poker players on the internet will always keep their opponents in confusion and will compel them to keep guessing as to what could be their bets and what the bets would mean. Here, players can apply a strategy to confuse the opponents even further in changing up their bets as the game progresses further and moves ahead.
Understanding these strategies and paying the game tactfully can actually help you in winning the game very easily. However, it is just that you will have to understand the tricks and also be careful enough not to give out any hints about how you are changing up the bets.
October 28, 2010
There are many locales that do not permit playing poker for money. If you are a resident of any such state, you must ensure that you are following the legalities so that you can avoid falling in trouble for some reason or the other.
It is not that poker games involving money are restricted in some places, but poker in general is also restricted. As the game involves gambling, it is restricted under the legal aspects of a state and the governing laws in the locality. In order to prevent such problems, make sure that the laws of your state and the local jurisdiction allows you to play poker and check with the poker site as well to see if there are many restrictions imposed on the playing of this game based on the locale.
This is one important factor that the new poker players, as well as the advanced poker players must follow.
October 27, 2010
1. Basics. Shifting gears is as simple as playing in a style that is different from the one you currently play. Before trying to shift for the first time, however, make sure that you have a good feel for how to play in the style you’re wanting to shift to. If you play tight and want to shift to loose in a game, make sure you’re comfortable with splashing around in extra pots and opening lighter than normal before you make the actual switch – unless you’re playing at one of the poker sites where your competition is so far below your level that you feel in control. Practice in smaller games with the other styles you want to be able to switch to before readily shifting in your normal game; learning some of the more subtle techniques for each style of play can help you to hide what you’re doing from the other players more effectively than blatantly going from never opening a pot to making it 5x every other hand.
2. Understanding your new gear. Before you shift, make sure that the table is playing in a way that your shift will profit from. You may not need to switch gears in games where your preferred style is highly profitable. You may fool everyone when you go from passive to aggressive, but if the table is bluffing their stacks off to you left and right, why switch? Gear shifting is useful if your table has begun to play in a way that your approach to the current situation is not as profitable as a new one. If you’re generally a loose, wild player, and your opponents catch on to that, by shifting to a tight gear for a few orbits, you may still get no respect when you wake up with aces and three bet an opener, and they may stack off preflop with jacks, where a normally tight player would probably force the jacks to fold.
3. Subtlety is key. When going from tight to loose, aggressive to passive, or whatever you’re shifting from, the shift will only pay big dividends if your opponents are unaware of what you’re doing. Find spots where you can gear back your aggressiveness slowly, maybe lowering the amount of pots you’re opening gradually, any way you can be as subtle about your shift as possible. A shift is worthless, even detrimental to your game if the players at your table become aware of it before you complete the shift. If you have to make the shift quickly, because other players will catch on to a slow shift, then use sudden shifts. Work ahead of your opponent’s thought processes to implement profitable shifts.
4. Countering shifts. Your opponents have the ability to shift, as well, and you should keep an eye out for shifts they may make. Things that can factor into a gear shift include: tilt, losing/winning a big pot, playing many hands in a row, new chip alignments at the table (big stack shifts, short stack busts, etc.) showing a bluff, and so on. Players on sites with sportsbooks attached tend to be far more reactive to the game. so it’s a good idea to be aware of all of the UseMyWallet Poker Sites, as you might find softer competition there. Those are some of the basic waypoints for players to shift from; if you see a player who has been playing very loose show a bluff, then fold his next three hands, you may have caught someone shifting back to a tight style. Make sure to keep an eye on players you suspect to be shifting, and beat them at their own game.
October 26, 2010
888Poker.com.au is home to a dazzling array of the world’s most popular online poker games. Imagine being able to enjoy the likes of 7 Card Stud, Texas Hold’em and Omaha Hi all in one safe and secure gaming location? Well, it’s all possible at 888poker.
Plus there’s a wide variety of other poker games to enjoy – including video poker variants to make your head spin. It’s Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, 10’s or Better and many more as you compete with fellow Aussie poker players in a quest to unravel the poker fortune awaiting you.
There’s always something piping hot cooking up at 888poker.com.au and whether you’re a whale or a low-stakes player – your seat is waiting at this online poker room.
October 26, 2010
Once you have decided to play online poker, you must choose a site that will offers you the charm of the game. As you begin looking for online poker sites, you will surely come across the free sites that will keep your entertained, and you will not have to spend a single penny for it. However, this option seems fair only when you are playing for recreation and no monetary dealings are involved.
When you are choosing free online poker sites, you must make sure that the site accommodates free players. Some of the so called “free” poker sites often do not offer real free services.
Thus, you must keep your mind open. When you are searching, you will surely come across a couple of sites that will give you free playing options, but you will have to browse through the entire site to understand whether or not it is actually free as it claims to be.
October 25, 2010
If you are looking for the perfect poker guide, you can begin your search on the internet. The internet is the best place to search for anything you want; by just typing ‘poker guides for beginners’, you will come across a number of books and websites that will help you learn the game of poker.
In addition, these sites will offer you valuable strategy resources and other bankroll builders, such as information on deposit bonuses and promo codes (such as this Gamebookers bonus code) that will get you access to bonuses and offers you might otherwise miss out on at sign up.
As poker is a highly dynamic game, you should learn about the recent developments in the game before you play online games for money, as changes are incorporated with each passing year even though the fundamentals of the game remain unchanged.
The journey to choose a stating poker guide should begin with the intention of the poker player, i.e., what type of poker you want to learn will determine what guide you look for. There are different types of poker games, and Texas Hold ‘Em is the most popular one of them all.
However, you can choose to learn about all types of poker games if you are a beginner. This will help in developing your skills as a gamer.
When you are selecting a poker hands guide for yourself, make sure you choose a guide that will actually help you in learn the game easily.
• Choose the type of poker game you are interested in, do some research about the different games, and then choose the perfect game guide.
• Try to narrow your search to some strategy that will help you become more efficient at the game. There is a wide variety of poker games, and specialists offer different tips and tactics for playing these games efficiently.
• Try to get to the basics first. As a novice, that should be your way of starting the game.
When you are searching for a poker hands guide online, you may across many people, including poker champions, who are looking for a guide. Even the experts need to learn the game at some point in time.
October 10, 2010
One of the most heated topics in all of sports gambling is bankroll requirements. While there is a lot of good information out there, the fundamental problem is that most authors take a one-size-fits-all approach to bankroll advice.
The truth is far from that approach, as each individual will have different needs, expectations and resources when it comes to sports betting, and their bankroll requirements will fluctuate accordingly.
This article is aimed only at discussing bankroll needs for the casual bettor, whether they’re focused on NFL betting, basketball wagering, golf or what have you. You might ask yourself why a casual bettor needs bankroll guidelines at all, and that’s a legitimate question. The answer is that any bettor needs a bankroll to establish and maintain some distance between their day-to-day funds and their betting funds. Failure to establish these boundaries (and to respect them) is often a cause of a recreational player developing a more serious issue with sports betting. Beyond that, any bettor would like to know how well they’ve done over time, and if you do not segment your funds, you won’t be able to keep accurate records.
On to advice for casual bettors. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of online advice well overstates the bankroll that a casual bettor will need. Truth be told, a casual bettor is fine to have a bankroll of a few dozen units, or if their weekly volume is especially high, 10 weeks of their average weekly unit wagering in reserve. You should also include in your bankroll a budget for any sports betting picks you might purchase, or software that helps you track and manage your picks and bankroll, and so on.
The reason for this radically smaller bankroll is simple: professional gambling bankrolls are built with the idea that the loss of the entire bankroll is catastrophic (also called risk of ruin). Because a professional gambler losing their bankroll is akin to a chef forgetting how to cook, they must have far more conservative bankroll management than a casual player. For a casual player, the loss of the entire bankroll probably only means having to take a few weeks off before replenishing their wagering funds – a massive difference that singularly accounts for the relaxed bankroll management rules applicable to casual bettors.
October 10, 2010
Just real estate, location matters in poker. Here are quick rules of thumb for choosing the best seat at a table.
1. Top to bottom. When looking for the right seat using these rules, follow rule 1 before 2 and 2 before 3, regardless of whether you’re playing in a live poker room or at online poker sites. Aggressiveness, no matter the skill level or stack of the player behind, is the most pertinent information that you have available to use when choosing a seat. This is critical in determining which seat will be the optimum seat in sitting at a particular game. If multiple layers overlap between the three fields, use your best judgement; a tight player that is a professional and incredibly deep stacked may still be better off to your right, even though they’re tight. Take the time to really look at the stacks and play at your table before making a decision where to sit.
2. Tight to left, loose to right. If you have the option of choosing your seat when first entering a game, it’s generally a good idea to take a moment and let an orbit or so pass, watching the players in action. If you’re playing at online gambling sites you can choose to do this before you even sit down at a table. You want to have tight players to your left, and looser players to your right, when possible. The tighter players are going to be easier to blind steal from, and will stay out of your way more often when you do open, meaning you’ll have position in hands more often. Having the looser players to your right forces them to play put of position to you more often, which forces them to play out of position to you. If you have a choice of tight to left OR loose to right, I’d be inclined to keep the loose players to my right moreso than the tight to my left. The tight players are going to be involved in pots much less often than the loose, so keeping the loose players in line is going to pay big dividends in the long run.
3. Weak to left, strong to right. The more credit you give a player for skill, the more you want them to be on your right. This does not hold true as much as the first rule; stronger players aren’t as weakened by position as good thanks to check-raising, floating, and other advanced plays, but position will still keep him at a bit of a disadvantage to you. Weaker players, especially straightforward ones, are going to play about the same whether they’re to your right or left, but weaker players will be less of a bother to play against to your left than a strong player.
4. Big stacks to your right, shorties to your left. The more play you have against a stack, the more you want that stack to your right. You want to be able to make the last move when tangling with larger stacks, whether it’s the big all-in on the river when he checks, or the five bet shove preflop. Having position on the big stacks allows you to put yourself in position to make the final bet more often, critical in putting the biggest decisions in big pots on your opponent’s shoulders. Short stacks have very few moves in their disposal; shove or fold, generally, and position will matter little in whether you can call a 20 BB shove preflop or not. Get the big stacks in position when possible.
October 8, 2010
Some of the most popular poker tools used today are:
• Hand Converters: Hand converters are used to get the history files of different hands from the online poker rooms. These are used for converting the files into a visible and readable format. Hand converters are commonly used by poker players to see different played hands for analyzing the same. Also, hand converters affect the seating order, stack sizes, blind level, and the pot size per round of betting. To find the best program, do the same thing you would do if you were looking for the best PokerStars marketing code – search online and compare different providers with a bit of research.
• Odd Calculators: Poker odd calculators are widely used as a medium of winning the game. These actually help the chances of winning or losing. As there are different levels of complexity in the game, odd calculators act as statistical machines to aid the game. There are 3 major types of poker calculators – poker odd calculators, advantage calculators, and relative calculators. According to the requirement of the game, any of these calculators can be used.
• Bonus Evaluators: With so many different bonuses floating around, it can be difficult to tell what the top PokerStars deposit bonus is. bonus evaluators will help you to decide what the best possible value is, as you (unfortunately) can’t take advantage of every single bonus you come across.
No matter what type of tool you choose to use, remember, the basic evaluation is the same. Ask yourself if the results the tool can produce are likely to account for the time and money the tool will require in order for you to fully use it. If you can’t find value in a tool, then it’s probably for the best that you skip that particular tool and move on to researching the next type.